I am a big fan of Greg’s blog at ThriftGenuity which is why I felt so honored when he nominated me for the Liebster Award. I feel very privileged that he included me in his five choices and it serves to motivate me to continue to improve my blog. Thanks Greg!
The rules of the award are as follows:
1) This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2) The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3) Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
5) Choose 5 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
6) Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
7) No tag backs.
11 Random Facts about me:
1) I took piano lessons for many years growing up, but never really practiced. I bought a keyboard recently trying to pick it back up.
2) I was riding an ATV on a mountainside in Costa Rica in the driving rain. I sped up while going downhill to try to catch up with my group, hit a rut, and I fell off the ATV. The fall wasn’t too bad, but I realized that the cliff was only a few feet away.
3) I used to love collecting basketball cards growing up but stopped around junior high school. I felt old last week when Grant Hill and Jason Kidd retired because they were the two remaining players that I had cards of who were still active.
4) I can move my ears.
5) I commute about 80 miles round trip for work.
6) Growing up, I wanted to be the first Asian NBA player (Point guard for the Knicks). Jeremy Lin was living my dream last year.
7) I’m not any good at basketball, but I did hit the game winning free throw for my intramural high school basketball team in the playoffs. (We eventually won the championship game). Unforgettable.
8) I’ve only told a handful of people that I have a blog
9) I passed the New York and New Jersey Bar exam
10) My first cellphone was this chrome Nokia slide phone which I thought was the coolest phone ever.
11) I lived with different families in the Baja California region of Mexico for a month.
11 Questions From Greg of ThriftGenuity:
1) What is the best deal you have ever gotten? Getting free flights and hotel stays with credit card sign up bonuses is probably the best deal so far for me.
2) What is the biggest risk you have ever taken? Leaving a higher paying job for a lower paying one which was in the field I was interested in pursuing.
3) What one piece of advice would you tell your high school self? Buy Apple stocks! Wait, you said advice right? Be confident and don’t be afraid to speak up.
4) What is the worst fashion trend you went along with growing up? There was a time period that I had cargo everything. Cargo jeans, cargo khakis, cargo athletic pants, cargo sweat pants, and cargo shorts
5) Who is your favorite band or musical group? Tough one. I’ll go with U2 (Loved the album The Joshua Tree…the first three songs). Lifehouse comes in a close second.
6) What do you like best about blogging? Interacting with other bloggers and knowing that people actually read what I’m writing.
7) What is your favorite hobby? Reading personal finance blogs.
8) If you could make that hobby your full-time job, would you? Of course!
9) What is the best birthday present you ever received? My wife took me to opening day at the new Yankees Stadium. The best part though was that she surprised me by inviting close family and friends who made it a great time, even though the team lost…badly…
10) What season is your favorite? Spring
11) What part of the world have you not yet seen but want to? I was thinking Europe because there are so many places of historical significance. But, I think I would really like to go to South America: hike Macchu Picchu in Peru, go to the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, and go to Rio de Janeiro during Carnaval.
Questions for my Nominees:
1) What would you do if you won a million dollars?
2) What is must see TV for you?
3) If you could live in another country for a year, where would it be?
4) If you could time travel, where…I mean when would you go?
5) Why did you start blogging?
6) What would you love to learn to do?
7) What is the best advice someone has given you?
8) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
9) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
11) What is your favorite movie?
My Nominees: I’m not sure how to figure out whether a blog has less than 200 followers, but these are relatively new blogs that I enjoy reading and deserve recognition from this award.